Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Export to Word

Arny

This topic is 7011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a table with 20+ layouts, each of which can be used as a single report for the user. What I want to do is provide a dynamic selection [using the checkbox options] to identify which layouts are to be included in a single document.

I then want to be able to consolidate the selected layouts into a single document that can then be printed with the appropriate page numbers and even be created in PDF format. I thought that perhaps the DDE scripting option would let me transfer this information into Microsoft Word. I don't really know anything about the DDE command and am not sure if this will even work.

Any suggestions are most welcome

Thnx

Arny confused.gif

Hi, Arny. If you really want to put this into Word, i am under the impression it is possible using XML and WordML (Micro$oft's implementation of XML). However, i have no idea how to do this. crazy.gif Someday (with help from some of the geniuses on this list) i hope to be able to do it.

But: What you might try is using a PDF writer that allows you to append multiple print jobs together. Using a typical PDF writer and printing from x number of layouts will give you x pdf documents, which is probably not want you want. There are PDF writers, such as Adobe Writer and pdfFactory, that will allow you to merge multiple print jobs into one document. I think this may be what you are looking for.

HTH,

Jerry

This topic is 7011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.