How to change currency symbol

This topic is 8345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a small invoicing database that handles Japanese Yen, but sometimes I need to issue invoices in USD. At present I have a pull down menu which indicates which currency and that is linked to two different invoice layouts Yen / USD. I want to simplify this by having the currency symbol change in the accounting fields according to the selection in the currency field. Can any one suggest how I would do this

Thanks.

Basically you need to convert the numbers to text and use a case statement to decide which symbol to you. The conversion of a number to text is easy, but it gets complicated when you want to add commas and two decimal points. For instance, let's say you have a number which you've used the Format Number dialog to appear as $1,234.50. Well, if you use NumToText to convert this number to text (or simply have a calculation with this field and give it a text result) it will appear at 1234.5. You lose the comma and the second decimal.

So, given all of that, here's the calculation, given a field called Currency and a field called Amount

code:

Case(

This topic is 8345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.