Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating PDF document

Sanjai

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi to everyone,

I need your help to find out how we can create a pdf file in FileMaker 5.0. This pdf document should be prepared from a layout in a fp5 file. I cannot use any external plugin or freeware for this purpose. The users who will be responsible to create the pdf document do have acrobat writer on their machines.

I tried using the "print to file" option in the "print" script step by selecting the acrobat pdfwriter in the printer selection dialog box. I checked the option to print without dialog. But every time acrobat writer asks to name the pdf file in the save as dialog box. I don't want this save as dialog box to be shown to the user. Everytime the pdf file should be automatically replaced with the same name.

Waiting for your suggestions. Please let me know if I can do it in some other way or if I can use xsl or xml for this purpose.

Thanks for your attention.

--Sanjai

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, Sanjai! Got your PM but I think the problem you are facing is not w/FileMaker, per se. On a Mac, you can use something like AppleScript to automate tasks for you that can work globally on your computer and not be tied to 1 specific application, but I think what you need is something like that for Windows XP. If you can get the .ps file generated automatically, I believe Acrobat has a "WATCHED FOLDER" option that will auto-create PDFs from any PS file that is in the "watched folder".

Good luck!

--ST

This topic is 6998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.