FMS7A IWP Need To Get Notification

This topic is 6977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, so I need to get FMS7A IWP to trigger some type of notification when a new record is entered.

I saw that WebTrigger is not FMS7A IWP compatible?

I need to either launch a script so I can make a dialog happen for desktop users or send email, etc...

Also, we are in a budget crisis, so can't spend much money crazy.gif

Thanks!

Please clarify... You have users who connect from the outside via IWP to enter data and you want the users connected via desktop to the server to be notified when iwp users submit data? is this correct?

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

A simple solution would be when a user from the outside creates a record using IWP it would set a field such as "notify", a number field, set to 1 then have another dedicated machine local connected to the server using a plugin like "events" to look for records with the notify field set to 1, every 30 seconds or so.. when it finds a 1 use a plugin like troi activator to run a scripts which will send a message to users that a new record was created and in the same process set the notify field back to a 0...

I think that might work !!

Stu

A simple solution would be when a user from the outside creates a record using IWP it would set a field such as "notify", a number field, set to 1 then have another dedicated machine local connected to the server using a plugin like "events" to look for records with the notify field set to 1, every 30 seconds or so.. when it finds a 1 use a plugin like troi activator to run a scripts which will send a message to users that a new record was created and in the same process set the notify field back to a 0...

Stu

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hrmm... We will have a buncha spare Macs and maybe an extra copy of FMP. I could make a Mac into a "Watcher" machine that runs those scripts that people dread so much and send email notifications. Good idea Stu! On to the next problem!

Hrmm... We will have a buncha spare Macs and maybe an extra copy of FMP. I could make a Mac into a "Watcher" machine that runs those scripts that people dread so much and send email notifications. Good idea Stu! On to the next problem!

This topic is 6977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.