Server Maintenance This Week. ×

xml export

jeffer

This topic is 6979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have a question for the xml experts over here, because I am stuck with it:(

I am building a database that keeps track of submitted audio files for the napster music store. They want the tracks delivered with an xml file and they have submitted a xml format where we have to live up to. Since the xml export function in filemaker pro is not the way Napster want's it, an simple export script will not work. So I've build an calculation field that outputs a complete xml file as a text file on the desktop. Next to it I use UpCast (check versiontracker.com) to create a real xml file for it. The problem after the export is that lot's of openening and closing tags are missing. Instead of tags there stands < and > pieces trough the xml file.

After reading this forum, I think that the only right way to export it in Napster's format is to use an xslt file for the format. But I know absolutly nothing about this. Does somebody here has an website or a good book...or some help/suggestions?

thnx in advance!

greetz,

Jeffrey

Michael Kay, XSLT Programmer's Reference, 2nd ed., Wiley Publishing, ISBN 0-7645-4381-4 is excellent for both learning the background of XSLT/XPath and serving as a reference. Every function is explained with examples. A must-have written by one of the authors of XSLT. It adds perfectly the theoretical background to Beverly Voth's book that gives more practical advice on working with FM XML.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 6979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.