Inserting a picture

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a contaniner field on a layout that I have attached a script to. The script is to go to another layout to show a larger version. What I want to do is if the container field is empty I want to give the user the option of inserting a picture. I looked at the insert picture script step but it seems to require the file to be specified. Is there a way to allow the user to browse to the file where the picture is? In other words, by attaching the script, the user can't just right click and insert the picture and I would like to allow them to

You have to use a fixed filename for the Insert Picture script step. To get around this you can use Send Event to call Explorer to locate an image, copy to the clipboard, and use the Paste script step.

Another option is to create a simple executable program that prompts the user for a filename, then copies that file to a known location where it can be retrieved. I've attached a utility that does this.

To use this, you use the Send Event script step, and call the executable.

If you provide a filename and path as a parameter, it will copy that file. If you don't provide a parameter, it will prompt the user to browse for the file.

Copytoknown.zip

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.