Need help figure how to do this.

This topic is 6993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Basically I have attendance DB. This DB keep track of all the classes the student Attend. I want to get the total of credit hours for each class a student attended. I have two fields, one is call Class_id and the other is Class Number, each class already has assign how many credit hours it is. Also each student has its own StudentID and they are part of program so there is field for program call ProgramID.

T1 could 3.4 hrs or A1 could be 4.0 hours

here is example.

Class_id=T

Class_Number=1

Classes go like this:

T1, T2, T3 to T64

A1, A2, A3 to A64

H1, H2, H3 to H64

The end result, i want to do is:

James has

T 35 Hrs

A 25 Hrs

H 15 Hrs

Now, I know how to do the whole total of credit hours for all the classes but not for the inviduals classes. I am running FM 6

any help would be appreciate it,

Thanks

victor

Can your problem be solved by creating a report in your Attendance table?

For a report you would create a layout containing no body and 2 subsummaries.

The first subsummary would sort break by Student ID and contain the student info.

The second subsummary would sort break by Class ID and contain the class name and a summary field to add up all the hours for a student in a specific class.

All you would need to do then would be to Sort the data by Student ID first and Class ID second. The report would do the rest for you.

Keep in mind to use the Preview mode to see the results on this report layout.

If this is not what you are looking for, could you be more specific as to where and how you want to see the data?

Brian,

is there a way to do a calculation of using the if statement. i just not good at calc but i was thinking something like this.

if studentid equal to class_id find the total of hours that classs.

Right i now i can find the total hours for all the classses. i just need to break down hours person class for each student.

maybe someone can help me with this part. i was able to break down the classes a student took, meaning i can tell how what is the total of T, A, P, H. A student took, now i need to figure out what is the total Hrs is for all the T, A, P, H. if anyone have idea let me know.

thanks

victor

This topic is 6993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.