Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS Schedules not executing correctly

amowrey

This topic is 6997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I'm using the FMServer Config 5.5 on an Xserve running Mac Server 10.2.8. I have two schedules set up to back up all databases to an attached RAID. One runs weekly and the other nightly. The Schedules window says that they are running when they should, but if I look at the file dates, they're from more than 3 weeks ago. I've tried altering the script to save to the Xserve's harddrive, but I get the same results. confused.gif

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Mowrey

Andy:

It should work fine - I've got FMS 5.5 on OSX backing up to several volumes. It is possible that the menu item "Allow Schedules to Run" in FMServer Config has been unchecked. Looking in the Schedules pane, it appears that they'll run (the checkboxes are checked) but if the menu item is unchecked, the schedules don't run. I've seen this happen at one of my clients, and when I suggest that someone has unchecked it, they look at me like I'm a madman. So, either it is an odd bug, or someone is fiddling with the server.

-Stanley

I also back up all the time to a raid system adn multiple volumes. BUT I have noticed that mounting the volume can be the problem in X. Try reselecting the destination and see if the volume changes slightly (eg. "volume" to "volume-1" changes. THis happens all the time for me.

Why would you not keep the volume mounted? If you're backing up to it on a scheduled basis, you should keep the volume mounted at all times, or create an AppleScript which fires ahead of the scheduled backup and mounts the volume.

-Stanley

This topic is 6997 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.