Server Maintenance This Week. ×

One-time login

This topic is 6983 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have just bought FM 7. I like it. I have a relational database, that I'd like to access from a single table (called "Main") that contains only a layout. The layout has buttons to allow access to the relevant data tables (such as "Consumables", "Vendors", etc.).

I want to set-up account privelages that can be used for all tables. One account will allow full access so that I can tweak things, the second is for a user who will not be able to delete records or change layouts and scripts, etc.

However, I want either user to login once to the "Main" table, then when he/she selects a specific datatable, I'd like the user to be able to access that table without having to login a second time. In other words, can it be set-up so that a user only has to login once?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charlie

I am also looking for a similar solution to this. However, in my "main" file or application, I would like the users to be able to create new logins.

Is it possible to create a login for a different filemaker file than the one you are in? So, if the user is in the "Main" application, they could create a login that could be used for the "Main" as well as the "Other" files I want them to access?

If not, is there someway of importing an account (username AND password) from one filemaker file to another?

I am also looking for a similar solution to this. However, in my "main" file or application, I would like the users to be able to create new logins.

Is it possible to create a login for a different filemaker file than the one you are in? So, if the user is in the "Main" application, they could create a login that could be used for the "Main" as well as the "Other" files I want them to access?

If not, is there someway of importing an account (username AND password) from one filemaker file to another?

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6983 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.