Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Editing a report

bb84604

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have set up a report that groups data just how I want it, but I would really love to be able to edit the data while it is grouped like that.

It seems there is no way to edit a report with grouped data? Is there a way to do this (group data from browse mode in the way a report does) or edit a report?

If you want to see subsummary fields in browse mode, you can use the GetSummary function. I can't tell you much more unless you can be more specific about what you mean by "group data." Your records are still sorted in browse mode.

Thanks for the help. I have a bunch of records of "tasks" that I created a report which will filter tasks by owner and group them by day (So Monday might list 4 tasks, Tuesday 6, etc.).

The task records are linked with projects in a related database. So I can group the task records by project right now by using a portal. What I want to be able to do is group the tasks by date and the a subgrouping by project.

For example (first it goes through a script which omits all records except when field: "owner" is "Brian":

Then it displays:

3/4/2005

Project A

- Task 1

- Task 2

Project B

- Task 3

3/5/2005

Project A

- Task 4

You get the idea. Thanks.

Create two subsummary parts, one by date and one by project ID. Sort your found set by date, project ID, and task id. Then Enter Preview Mode or Print the results.

Does your script omit all records where owner is not Brian, or does it find all records where owner is Brian? And no, it's not a trick question, although it may be considered a semantic one.

I can do it fine in preview mode. I'm just wondering if there is a way to keep the info grouped like this and be able to edit it (which I can't do in preview mode).

The script loops through all records and omits all records where owner is not Brian.

Thanks

It sounds like you may want to explore the world of portal filtering. Sorry I don't have time to get into it right now, but maybe someone else will jump in, or just google it. There are quite a few example files out there.

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.