Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Draw on graphic in container field

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been searching but have not been able to find a plug-in which allows one to draw on a graphic inside a container field in FMP7. Is there such a plug-in?

If not, would the following be possible to script?

1. A graphic file is in a container field.

2. Copy the graphic into memory.

3. Open MSPaint

4. Paste graphic into MSPaint

5. Draw on graphic in MSPaint.

6. Copy altered graphic into memory.

7. Paste altered graphic back into container field.

Can this be run with minimal user intervention?

This is not a cross-platform solution:

Create a blank, white image in Paint and make it the size that you need, save it, and copy it into the container field.

If the user double-clicks in the container field, it will open the blank file in Paint, ready to be drawn (painted) on. Save it and close, click out of the field should save the changed image.

The secret(?) is that if you create the file in a certain software, such as Paint, Word, etc., and the user also has that software installed, the same software will open when the container field is activated.

I use this method in a couple of hosted solutions. It works and gives me a little control over the size of the image in the container field. I use a 'blank' the size that I want so the size is controlled to a point.

Create a blank, white image in Paint and make it the size that you need, save it, and copy it into the container field.

If the user double-clicks in the container field, it will open the blank file in Paint, ready to be drawn (painted) on. Save it and close, click out of the field should save the changed image.

The secret(?) is that if you create the file in a certain software, such as Paint, Word, etc., and the user also has that software installed, the same software will open when the container field is activated.

I use this method in a couple of hosted solutions. It works and gives me a little control over the size of the image in the container field. I use a 'blank' the size that I want so the size is controlled to a point.

That sounds like a solution that might work for me. Can you clarify to me how you are "activating the container field" to open Paint by double-clicking on it? When I double click on an empty container field it opens Windows sound recorder. If I double click on a container with a .BMP in it, absolutely nothing happens. Do I have to use windows file associations? Right now I have my bitmaps associated with ACDSee.

That sounds like a solution that might work for me. Can you clarify to me how you are "activating the container field" to open Paint by double-clicking on it? When I double click on an empty container field it opens Windows sound recorder. If I double click on a container with a .BMP in it, absolutely nothing happens. Do I have to use windows file associations? Right now I have my bitmaps associated with ACDSee.

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.