Automated Set priortiy with Evaluate and Cust. Fuc

This topic is 7012 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All!

I'm building a Field Autoenter that uses Evaluate and a custom Function to update. I have a field for Priority for each phone number I store in my database. Sometimes a client will want a mobile phone to be called first. I would like the person working on the file to set that phone numbers priority to 1. Using Evaluate, I have listed all of the evaluate fields to update when any of them change. If mobile phone was 2, and I change it to 1, I want all of the fields to recheck their own priority again. The number that was previosly 1, will goto 2, and the rest of the prioritys will move up if there is a spot open.

Here is the Custom Fuction that I'm currently using:

//Name PriorityFindLowest

//Parameters Number 1 Number 2 Number 3 Number 4 Number 5

Evaluate (

Case (

Number 1 ≠ 1 and Number 2 ≠ 1 and Number 3 ≠ 1 and Number 4 ≠ 1 and Number 5 ≠ 1; 1;

Number 1 ≠ 2 and Number 2 ≠ 2 and Number 3 ≠ 2 and Number 4 ≠ 2 and Number 5 ≠ 2; 2;

Number 1 ≠ 3 and Number 2 ≠ 3 and Number 3 ≠ 3 and Number 4 ≠ 3 and Number 5 ≠ 3; 3;

Number 1 ≠ 4 and Number 2 ≠ 4 and Number 3 ≠ 4 and Number 4 ≠ 4 and Number 5 ≠ 4; 4;

Number 1 ≠ 5 and Number 2 ≠ 5 and Number 3 ≠ 5 and Number 4 ≠ 5 and Number 5 ≠ 5; 5;

)

)

Here is the Autoenter Date for the zMobile Phone Number Priority.

Evaluate ( Case ( IsEmpty ( Mobile Phone ); "";

PriorityFindLowest (zMobile Phone Number Priority; zBusiness Number 1 Priority; zBusiness Number 2 Priority; zFax Number Priority;zHome Phone Priority; zBusiness Fax Number 1 Priority))

; [zBusiness Fax Number 1 Priority;zBusiness Number 1 Priority;zBusiness Number 2 Priority;zFax Number Priority;zHome Phone Priority;zMobile Phone Number Priority])

The first test I did on this, I had the field priority that I changed as the last parameter listed for "PriorityFindLowest." With it set this way, some of the fields would update and work perfectly. Some of the fields would not change. I would set it to 1, and when it re-evaluated it would change it back to it's previous priority.

The way it is set now, with the current field being changed, it is the first parameter, it doesn't work at all anymore.

Anybody see what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Munchieman

This topic is 7012 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.