Creating a new text file using AppleScript

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

My experience with AppleScript is a bit behind the rest of you but this is what I want to do. I want to create a new text file with text from a FMP database. So I would like to take the following: table.fp5 > field: MyText > data: "blah" and create a new file with the text "blah" from the field MyText. How do I go about scripting this in AppleScript.

-Al

Hello everyone,

My experience with AppleScript is a bit behind the rest of you but this is what I want to do. I want to create a new text file with text from a FMP database. So I would like to take the following: table.fp5 > field: MyText > data: "blah" and create a new file with the text "blah" from the field MyText. How do I go about scripting this in AppleScript.

-Al

Hello everyone,

-Al

Here are 2 ways to do it. The first is an older method, using straight AppleScript. The second uses the "do shell script" command, available in OS X; from an example by Bruce Robertson.

The AppleScript one converts ASCII 11 (returns in a FileMaker field) to standard returns (ASCII 10 in OS X). The Shell script seems to do this automatically.

Here are 2 ways to do it. The first is an older method, using straight AppleScript. The second uses the "do shell script" command, available in OS X; from an example by Bruce Robertson.

The AppleScript one converts ASCII 11 (returns in a FileMaker field) to standard returns (ASCII 10 in OS X). The Shell script seems to do this automatically.

ExportTextfile7.zip

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.