can I modify a file created with site assistant

ddhull

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It seems when I try to make any change at all to a file created with site assistant, I get an error. For example, I created a simple home, add and browse using site assistant. Which works. But if I go make any change at all in my home.xs file I get a nbsp not declared error. I am editing my xsl pages in dreamweaver, is that my problem? Is it possible that it is not being saved in the correct format?

Thanks for any help,

Doug

It seems when I try to make any change at all to a file created with site assistant, I get an error. For example, I created a simple home, add and browse using site assistant. Which works. But if I go make any change at all in my home.xs file I get a nbsp not declared error. I am editing my xsl pages in dreamweaver, is that my problem? Is it possible that it is not being saved in the correct format?

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Thanks Martin and QuinTech,

I tried using the following line, I removed the < and > for posting, but I still get an nbsp error xml-0190:

xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&nbsp;

First off I guess I should ask, where exactly do I place the above line in my file?

Second, if toward the top, do I keep the original nbsp where it was?

I was also going to try one of the following ampersand#xa0 or #160. I tried to replace nbsp with one of these but to no avail. Is this the incorrect place to put this or do I need to add more besides #160?

Thanks for all your help,

Doug

Thanks Martin and QuinTech,

I tried using the following line, I removed the < and > for posting, but I still get an nbsp error xml-0190:

xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&nbsp;

First off I guess I should ask, where exactly do I place the above line in my file?

Second, if toward the top, do I keep the original nbsp where it was?

I was also going to try one of the following ampersand#xa0 or #160. I tried to replace nbsp with one of these but to no avail. Is this the incorrect place to put this or do I need to add more besides #160?

Thanks for all your help,

Doug

Is there a line number indicated in the error message? Then you should check at this line.

For saving HTML fragments to be used in XSLT files, Dreamweaver should be set to save everything in XHTML. I don't know what Dreamweaver does to XSLT stylesheets; I use either XMLSpy or just a plain text editor for editing them.

Did you also read the FAQ given in the link before, especially paragraph 4 of it? It explains how to define the nbsp entity by a DOCTYPE definition.

Martin

Is there a line number indicated in the error message? Then you should check at this line.

For saving HTML fragments to be used in XSLT files, Dreamweaver should be set to save everything in XHTML. I don't know what Dreamweaver does to XSLT stylesheets; I use either XMLSpy or just a plain text editor for editing them.

Did you also read the FAQ given in the link before, especially paragraph 4 of it? It explains how to define the nbsp entity by a DOCTYPE definition.

Martin

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.