Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data from one file to another

This topic is 6982 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with 3 files. 1 is called Datafiles. Its the database with all the products. There is another called Collection that shows what the user has in their inventory. The third is called browser. Its the go between and interface that the user uses. I chose this model so I can make updates to the browser without any complications of losing the data in Collection. The problem I'm running into is trying to get the data (single record) from Datafiles into Colleciton. I'd like to create a script that can be triggered by a button in browser. When I originally started this, Collection was part of Browser. When I realized the problems that would cause I split them. When they were one I would perform a find in Datafiles and import that file into Browser. It worked great. Now that Collection is seperate it wants to import every record in Datafiles. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

I have a database with 3 files. 1 is called Datafiles. Its the database with all the products. There is another called Collection that shows what the user has in their inventory. The third is called browser. Its the go between and interface that the user uses. I chose this model so I can make updates to the browser without any complications of losing the data in Collection. The problem I'm running into is trying to get the data (single record) from Datafiles into Colleciton. I'd like to create a script that can be triggered by a button in browser. When I originally started this, Collection was part of Browser. When I realized the problems that would cause I split them. When they were one I would perform a find in Datafiles and import that file into Browser. It worked great. Now that Collection is seperate it wants to import every record in Datafiles. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

You mean using a portal? Portals are overly complicated. I was hoping to just simplify it. I figured out what the problem was. I was performing the find in the Within the Browser so Datafiles never actually performed a find. Hence the reason it was importing all the files.

This topic is 6982 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.