textarea in xsl

ddhull

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize for not knowing how to post actual code? I tried using the instant ubb code of code but no go. So if you would like to tell me how to place actual code in my post that would be great as well.

I am trying to put a textarea field in my xsl page so a person can type info that will then go into my fm 7 database. I have my input text fields working fine but am not sure of the syntax for a textarea field.

So if you could bare with me and think of M being < and W being > the following would be a regular input text field created by site assistant.

Minput size="50" type="text"W

Mxsl:attribute name="name"WBriefDesc(Mxsl:value-of select="position()"/W)M/xsl:attributeW

M/inputW

Don't know the syntax for textarea though?

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Instead of the INPUT html element, use the TEXTAREA element. There is a start and end tag. The *content* appears between these and is not an attribute:

|_textarea rows="" cols=""_| |_xsl:value-of select="path to your field" /_| |_/textarea_|

Thanks Beverly, actually this works just fine only using:

&lttextarea name="BriefDesc" cols="60" rows="5"&gt&lt/textarea&gt

without including:

xsl:value-of select="path to your field"

Should this be the case? It displays the value on my next page and enters it in my database.

Just wondering?

Thanks again,

Doug

My example shows an "edit" field. The contents is inserted for editing, probably from a -find query and the submit is -edit. You just use it for entry/creation (-new) and you are correct -- you do not need to supply the contents of the field (xsl:value-of).

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.