Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Yahtzee game - feel free to use this however.....

This topic is 6966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is a Yahztee game that I'm submitting. Feel free to use it however you feel. I'm thinking about (later) adding it as an 'Easter Egg' in a much larger solution I'm building.

I have seen this game all over the internet (mainly written in Java), but the only one I've seen for FileMaker was done years ago, and the interface (I thought) could have been better. So, I decided to create my own.

I originally had the dice "shake" (animation) whenever a roll was commencing. I didn't like the way it turned out, so I scraped that idea. If you've got a cool idea on how to animate the dice roll, please let me know.

Although it does work, if anyone could look at the calculated field 'PotentialScoreFullHouse' and suggest a better way of performing the calc, I would be grateful. I do realize it has a lot of repetition to it, but at least I know it works. It would seem I could condense this down quite a bit, but the gears in my head just weren't turning that way.

I delevoped this on a PC. It should work on a Mac, but the only Mac I have is many years old and can't run FM7 mad.gif

Please let me know what you think of it. Any comments/suggestions (even if they are negative!) would be appreciated.

Yahtzee.zip

Brent:

Works fine on the mac. I haven't looked at the calc field, but before you include this in anything, change the spelling of "strait" (on the board & in the instructions) to "straight."

-Stanley

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.