placement of .xsl, html files etc.

ddhull

This topic is 6978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I take it that I need all files that make any calls/references to any .xsl files wether it is only a link to open an .xsl file, add data, search or anything else need to be placed in the library/filemaker server 7/web publishing/xslt-template-files? And all graphics, pdf's for downloads, css, javascripts, and of course html files and any other kind of files need to be in the web site defined in my apache settings?

Also, should I be working on my files while on the server instead of my own machine because will I not have to redirect all my files to the appropriate place when moved to the server?

Thanks for all previous help as well,

Doug

I take it that I need all files that make any calls/references to any .xsl files wether it is only a link to open an .xsl file (...)

This part is not quite correct, but everything else in the first paragraph is correct.

You could think of a html file that either has a link, like <a href="myxslfile.xsl?-grammar=fmresultset&-process"> or a form with an action that calls an xsl file. Or a java applet that calls an XSL stylesheet. They do not need to go to the xslt-templates-files folder. Only files that must be interpreted by the XSLT engine must be placed there, i.e. the xsl files. All other files can be placed anywhere as long as it is possible to reference them with an absolute or a relative URI.

(...) to redirect (...)

What do mean with redirect? Rename the URIs in the files when they are moved to the server?

XSLT files that are processed by the CWP will be HIDDEN from the user (they cannot read the source).

If you use relative paths when you create the pages (CWP/XSLT, HTML) then you will not need to change anything or redirect. Your paths need to be the same in your development, as in your deployment. If you prefer to use absolute paths, for images, for example, you should place these on the deployment server before testing on the development server.

This topic is 6978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.