Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking for a copy of FileMaker Unlimited 6

This topic is 6959 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It is a real shame that Lee's comments are usually the first thought of in these times. While it is good the he is taking a stand against piracy, it is a tragedy that I need to take the defensive when asking an honest and LEGAL question in my search for a product that is no longer available. I do NOT wish to pirate any software. My search for this version of FileMaker was to locate either a retailer that may have an available copy, an individual that may have moved completely into FM 7 and has the ability to LEGALLY transfer the license to me, or at the least speak to someone in these forums that may know of a LEGAL copy for sale. I work very closely with FileMaker, and I support then at every corner. I take these matters very seriously, which is why I am taking the time to write such a response. If someone has any thoughts, please let me know. frown.gif

Hi, Aaron. You seem to be trying to do the right thing, so we'll take you at your word (at least, I will, and I'd bet Lee will as well). I haven't read the licensing agreement closely, but it seems to me that if someone upgrades from 6 to 7, they get a special price on the upgrade, and their discounted price would be predicated on holding on to their license for 6. Thus, someone who upgrades (in my humble and thoroughly uneducated opinion) would not be entitled to sell v6 to you -- does that make sense?

Of course, if you wanted to pirate it, you probably wouldn't bother asking here, as it wouldn't be difficult to figure out several ways of getting it illegally. Just make sure your dotting your i's and crossing your t's, is all I'm saying.

Jerry

Aaron and Jerry,

I didn't say pirating, I said in violation of their license Agreement.

I believe the agreement states you can not Re-Sell your software without getting FileMaker's approval. In this case, the software would have been used to take advantage of the Upgrade price, rendering it non transferable in FileMaker's eyes.

Of course I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Lee

smile.gif

It is true that if someone upgrades to version 7 from 6, then they must retain ownership of all previous versions. I do know of instances where a client has, for whatever reason, purchased full copies of newer released applications. My only goal here is to legally purchase a copy of FM Unlimited 6. That is it! Thank you for any pointers in the right direction, and my apologies in leading us down this path. smile.gif

This topic is 6959 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.