Execute Script from Parameter Plug-In

This topic is 6954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working with Filemaker Developer 7, which has a great deal of capability with scripts that it didn't used to have (thank you, parameters!). However, one feature that I am trying to find is the ability to run a script that is specified in either a passed parameter to the script, or is specified in a global field. This feature (as far as I know) is not available in FMD7, and I am wondering whether anyone knows of a plugin that does this. What I want is something like this:

Perform Script[<variable1>; Parameter: <variable2>]

Here's the thing: for web compatibility, I want to do away with all my custom dialog script steps. But, I don't want to get into building 75 new layouts for the dialogs. Instead, I want to create a single dialog layout that uses a database record in a table to display the Message and the Button texts. Then, when the user clicks on the buttons, the exit script uses the contents of the clicked button text to determine which script to run.

Is there any such animal out there, and if not, how might I go about building something like it?

Thanks,

David

I've dug around this section now, and I found that the person behind Softwares for Humans has created just the plug in for me. The plug in is available from:

http://www.softs4humans.com/FMPro_Plugins.html and it allows me to execute the script stored in a field, or to pass a parameter that is then executed. And the actual dynamic script is as simple as:

If[s4HU_EventScript(File; ScriptName; Parameters)]

# Error running script

Else

# Script ran successfully

End If

This topic is 6954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.