import XML-File via AppleScript OS-X to FM 7

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please help:

I create a FM-Script to import manually a xml-file with a stylesheet.

I like to create a hotfolder; somebody in my network save a xml-file in the hotfolder

and the script create FM-Records from the xml-file and delete after the creation the xml-file. The stylesheet is for all cases the same - the xml-files have different names without control.

(Sorry for bad english - best wishes from Frankfurt/germany)

This is really two questions. The first is how to import files from a folder; which is more or less the same routine for most types of files, .csv, .xls, .tab, and .xml (but not really .txt, if you want the text to stay in 1 block; it's easiest to just read text).

The routine is to rename each file to a known fixed name, Import with FileMaker, then rename/move it to another "done" folder. This would be the same for .xml files, with the difference that the FileMaker Import XML would also specify the fixed known .xsl file.

The attached example has the routine, using .csv files. I don't have one doing .xml files, but it would be much the same.

The 2nd question is how to actually Import XML, also specifying an xsl file. It seems you know how, as you don't say anything about the files themselves.

ImportwFM.zip

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.