Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Desperately need Filmaker Pro6.0 Unlimited Upgrade

Melis

This topic is 6856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work for the Vanished Children's Alliance a missing children's non-profit. Using Filemaker Pro 6 we host a database for law enforcement, the victim parents and the general public, searchable from our website that contains the information about all of our missing child cases and their printable posters. We recently found out that Filemaker Pro 6 only allows 10 users view the directory in a 24 hour period! Called Filemaker and they told us we need to upgrade to Unlimited, we freaked cause we obviously don't have all kinds of cash lying around but a local credit union stepped up and said they would help. Now we've come to find out that Filemaker discontinued the upgrade and are having a crazy time trying to purchase it. Anyone have any suggestions? I've called almost every reseller advertising it on the web and have had no luck, I'm all out of ideas. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi vaughan,

I forgot to come back and post to this yesterday. Your post reminded me of that.

Hi Mills,

I work with a couple of non-profits. Recently the Executive Director of one of them approached a Lions Club about a donation for equipment and software that they needed, and received a Donation (a lot $$$) that covered what they needed. I would think that there would be some service clubs in your area that would do the same thing if they knew of your plight, and someone made a pitch.

HTH

Lee

cool.gif

Thanks guys, we did get the money donated, our problem now is actually finding somewhere to purchase it. It's being advertised on the web but everywhere we call we're told that it's been discontinued and that they just haven't updated the inventory on the web. Some one out there has to have a copy for sale, right???!!

Thanks, Melissa

• 1 month later...

On an additional note.

(I hope this isn't considered a solicitation because it's a 'no charge' offer.)

If you can get ahold of FM 7 licenses, and assuming your solution isn't larger than about 10,000 elements or so, I would consider migrating it for you for no change. I have personal regards for childrens charities.

This topic is 6856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.