access a cell in a portal

This topic is 6911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

How can I access a cell in a portal row?

This did not work:

tell application "FileMaker"

set myURL to cell "URL" of current record

end tell

and this neither:

tell application "FileMaker"

set myURL to cell "URL" of table "Exemplare" of current record

end tell

where table "Exemplare" is the portal table.

Thanks for your help.

You write it much the same as it is written in FileMaker, with the table occurrence name followed by "::". To get a field's value from the 1st row:

set theCell to cell "Children_ParentIDs::FirstName" of current record

But I don't see any easy way to get something from one of the other rows; other than doing a find or show using the parent ID in the other table, then going to the 2nd record (much like you'd do in a FileMaker script). There is no "portal" object in FileMaker's AppleScript dictionary.

No, this can be from any row. It's a little button left to the URL that opens the URL in a browser (as you might know, the Open URL script step does not work correctly, that's why I have made a workaround with AppleScript). We have about 2400 URLs in this table (and about 600'000 in two other tables). You see the problem with the Open URL bug.

How about set the related URL field into a global field, then open the global URL. I use the following syntax; FileMaker 7 is not happen with "open location" directly.

tell application "loginwindow" to open location theURL

I have a similar problem but in reverse order using FM 5.5

I am using a apple script with-in FM to send mail. I have a main database called "Test" with a related file called "emails". There is a portal in Test that shows all related records in the emails database. I created a button on Test to generate an email from FM inserting fields from the portal. I can get the funtion to work when I just run it straight in the emails database, did this to test the function, then changed the field names to emails::FieldName for each field I wanted to add to the email. But I get and "Object not found" error when running it from Test. Any suggestions?

Here is the code.

set theAddress to cell "emails::SendTo" from current record

This topic is 6911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.