I need some suggestions... please read

This topic is 6883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm currently working on a proposal to build a solution on FM7 for a "Tuition Fee Billing System". The required feature is so simple as follows:

-Keep track of student's payment and outstanding balance. They are using few tuition fee schemes.

-Daily payment report

-Monthly payment report

-Statement of Account generation

That's all they ask for. I would like to make the solution a bit more complex and I need suggestions from you guys of what other features I could add as far as Tuition Fee Billing System is concerned.

Additionally, they want to be able to use the same FMP database on two counters at the same time but not happy to invest for a separate PC and FMServer.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Garry:

They don't need FMServer; you can share the database off one computer using FileMaker's built-in sharing system.

As far as making the system more complex - I'm always trying to make systems simpler, so I'm at a bit of a loss, but one thing you can aim for is more reporting options: who has paid in full, who is behind in payments, etc.

-Stanley

This might sound a bit odd, but why add more than they requested? True, they may of not thought of a certain feature (but will probably use it anyway). But just building it the way they asked for now might ensure some update/addition work for you in the future.

Anyway, in agreeance with Stanley, people LOVE reports - that what they seen to print the most of.

Thanks BrentHedden for your comments. They don't actually limit it that feature and ask me to come up with other feature that I think would be useful to them and of course additional feature will mean additional costs. I will definitely take the advice of adding more reporting options.

-garry

This topic is 6883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.