Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Eudora Migration To Outlook

Salesman0Gil

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just switch to Outlook from Eudora.

I have a lot of SendMail Scripts. They keep opening Eudora. Is there a way to make it default to Outlook instead?

Also is there any problems I can expect with using Outlook instead of Eudora?

Well for simple emails you could use Send Event instead of Send Mail with the syntax: "mailto:" & Table::Email_Address

I like this option because it populates the new message with the default signature from Outlook. For some reason, Send Mail won't insert the signature.

If it works better for you to use Send Mail rather than Send Event I think you will find your answer with either Outlook or the Windows registry. I'm about 99% sure FileMaker has no control over which application gets used.

Not really. You could go back to an older version of Outlook (I think 97 worked) or try the method I suggested earlier.

I actually ended up using the SMTPit plug-in from CNS because it gave my way more control over the entire emailing process. We primarily use it for work flow applications so our staff gets email messages when they have something to attend to. It is so seemless that most folks don't realize when they have triggered a message.

The cost for SMTPit is less than $50 per copy (I think) and quite a bit less if you buy in volume.

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.