FingerPrint interface with filemaker

This topic is 6867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution where I control the punch in and out of employs in a school, I use a barcode reader but now my client ask me for install fingerprint scanner insted of the barcode reader...

my question is where i can find the solution for use the fingerprintscanner with filemaker and if there is already a solution where i canb find it???

help

BluiSh

BluiSh:

Welcome to the Forums.

Fingerprint scanning is a tricky business, and as far as I know, there is no current solution running under FMP. To get an idea of what you're up against, you should have a good long look at what's available in the biometrics field. A simple device like the Sony FIU 600 Puppy (yeah, quite a name) sounds great; the trick is going to be getting it to interface with FileMaker in the same simple manner you're used to with the barcode reader.

I have a feeling you're going to end up having to use a plugin (or even write your own, which is a whole new universe of headache.)

On the other hand, maybe someone else here will come up with a genius idea...

-Stanley

Et Viola! A genius comes to the rescue. The Sony Puppy always looked like a winner for this kind of thing. Glad to see someone has built a solution for FMP biometrics.

-Stanley

• Newbies

...there are biometric devices that are much less expensive...is this the ONLY one that works with FM7? I mean, Sam's Club has, Office Depot has and they are a mere $50 or so...........

Leoff :0

Leoff:

Productive's solution is fairly new, and may only work with the Sony unit; biometrics is a pretty fragmented business, with different sensors using different matching systems, different chipsets etc., so I'm not sure how many options you've got. You may want to contact Productive Computing and ask if their system will work with any of the alternate units you've noticed.

-Stanley

This topic is 6867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.