Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking for a Developer/Partner for a large shrink wrap solution

FMDuck

This topic is 6804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I currently have a shrink-wrapped solution that is in FM 6 and is comprised of the following (all estimated);)

37 tables/files

10,000 fields

250 layouts

About 150,000 elements in total

It is an engineering solution that works with US Imperial or metric measurements as well as supports any currency.

You can read more about it at www.cratepro.com

The solution needs to be rewritten from the ground-up in the latest version of FM.

I'm looking for an experienced FM developer or company to partner with in the redevelopment. If it's something you are interest in pursuing, please let me know.

Oh wow - that is a biggie!

I'm currently doing just about the same thing you are - rewriting a 6 solution to 7. I would say I'm about 1/2 way done. Our 6 solution has 15 tables, who knows how many layouts, Somewhere around 5000 fields, etc...

Anywhoo - our company might not be able to take this on like you mentioned at this time, but I'd be more than happy to give you a few "tips and tricks" I've come across with this process. Or, we can just discuss certain issues, and I can give you my opinion. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer Brent. I think I've already overcome many or most of the considerations of rewritting it, but just don't have the time for it.

As an added note for anyone who would consider this, the program has provided high 5 to 6 figure profits and commands more than 90% of its market.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Please note that I am NOT looking for a hourly or project rate developer. I am looking for a partner who is interested in taking an equity position in the solution. Please DO NOT email me offering to perform the development if you are not interested in or capable of investing time in the solution.

Thanks.

I am an FSA member, a FileMaker 7 Certified Developer, and an experianced database developer. I begun using FileMaker with FileMaker Plus, but for the past six years, I dedicated hours a day just in FileMaker developement. As you know from working with FileMaker, there is a huge differance between those who 'dable' in FileMaker versus those of us which have dedicated our fiscal success on our skills in FileMaker.

I have read the 'other' posts and I am open to 'non-traditional' forms of payment. Hourly rates are great until you don't have any projects. Taking a mix of projects, including some which can provide residual income makes goods sense to me.

Combining profitability and payment together also helps a developer stay focused. Too many developer want to either take advanatage of every new feature and/or they want to re-create databases which they are comfortable with. A good developer does not fall into these traps. Project management and design focus are often more challenging than the ER digrams.

I would be interested in learning more about your project, your plans for migration, and the schedule in which you hope to achieve. I also have samples of my work which I would be happy to share with you...

Hope to hear from you soon...

Joe King

FileMaker Developer's Network

[email protected]

This topic is 6804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.