Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Pro 5 Licences

ZuperZZ

This topic is 6786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Maybe this is being posted in the wrong place but ...

I need 10 FM 5 licences for a customer.

I checked filemaker.com and are no longer available to buy.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Mauricio

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to check their sales support again.

I'm not sure if they still offer it, but when V7 first came out they allowed you to purchase and V7 license and back-load an older version. It may be a little more expensive, but it would work.

• 1 month later...

It was my understanding that FMI would allow you to downgrade to other versions of FileMaker if you were under a VLA. This information came directly from my FMI rep about a year ago, so things may have changed, but I doubt it.

Technically buying used software on eBay is not legal, because you do not have the legal right to transfer your ownership to another. If you read the aggreement you will find that you are just paying to use the software, but it's not really yours. You are specifically limited from selling software.

If you could find 'new' FMP 5.5 packages on eBay, then I see no legal issues, but with all the fake apps on eBay, I think FMI would be more than happy to see you be legal. At the FSA meeting in August the general cousel for FMI made the arguement that illegal software hurts us all. Much of his talk focused on software from eBay.

Later,

Joe

Yes, if you buy on eBay (or any auction/used store) you've got to get a new copy, sealed in the box, with documentation and everything. Most of the copies of FMP on eBay are open-box or, even worse, pirated disc-only copies, neither of which is legal.

-Stanley

This topic is 6786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.