Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disabling Menu Sets During Development

raymanj

This topic is 6809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know a way to disable all menu sets that have been assigned to layouts?

After I have gone through all my layouts and assigned their appropriate menu sets, I some times need to go back to the layouts and do some dev work on them. The problem is the standard FM menus are not accessible on my layouts. I can disable the menu set to a normal FM menu, but once I switch to another layout the menu set resets. Also I can only disalbe menu sets one at a time, not all at once.

Hpw can any developer get his work done. There has to be a command that will allow the developer to disable all menu sets during his working session. Once the the solution is re-opened then the assigned menu sets will be used.

I hope FileMaker did not leave out such a primary command when dealing with menus.

Can anyone help?

On Define Custom Menus set as default Standart FileMaker Menus during session.

Veselko,

I am not exactly sure where you are pointing to set this change. Are you saying to do the following:

• 1. Go to the Tools>Custom Menus and select the sub menu item "Define Custom Menus"
  • 2. In the "Define Custom Menus" dialog select the Custom Menus tab.
  • 3. At the bottom of the dialog window select [standard Filemaker Menus] from the "Default menu set for this file" popup menu.

And this should reset all menus, for that file, for one session. Well, I tried this and it did not reset any menus.

Am I missing something?

This topic is 6809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.