Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Set Zoom Level All Open Windows

This topic is 6793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Does anyone know how I can set the 'Zoom In' level for ALL the open windows?

I have a fp5 file with a button and script to change the zoom level to 150%. But I want to run this across multiple USR files so that they all zoom to 150%. I have another file which opens them from a server.

I can zoom my current window but none of the others with: Set Zoom Level [150%]

Tried also with the 'Open' command or 'Go To Layout' but the files are already open and this doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might do this?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Create a script to zoom in each of the files. Then call each external script from the main file. You could also include the zoom in each file's opening script, if you want it done automatically. Just make sure you are explicitly opening each file and not allowing relationships to trigger their opening.

• Newbies

Hi, thanks

The problem is that I cannot edit any of the files. The developers have built it for a smaller screen and now we are on cinema displays this is causing us major viewing problems.

The launch file (FP5), calls all other files from the server; the USR files. And the developers won't edit these for me. So I need something that will zoom each window without having a script within each file.

I was hoping there might be a way of saying:

'Select window x'

'Set Zoom Level [x]'

But perhaps not in FMP 6?

I have written a zoom script for each of the open windows as you suggest, within another file, but cannot find a script to relate to each window the only thing I could find is 'open'.

Am I missing the point or is it not possible with USR files do you think?

Each zoom step would only be connected to the file in which it lives. You cannot set the zoom of another file from the current one. FM 6 does not deal with windows, only files. So, if the developers will not add the steps and you do not have the master password (assuming they are password-protected), then I believe you are out of luck, unless there is a plug-in you can incorporate into an external file which can manage other files. :qwery:

This topic is 6793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.