Server Maintenance This Week. ×

one-to-many relation problem

tdml

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello to all.

My problem is as follows : I have 2 files, one lists financial operations, let's call it "expenses", where an entry is an operation. The second is a schedule, where an entry is a month. How can I link a recurrent operation (for example the same operation will occur once a month for 2 years) to that number of monthes in the second file ?

This is quite basic, but I am unable to find the way. Thanks to all (at least for reading my poor English).

==

tdml

• 4 weeks later...

If an expense is recurring, and each expense is a separate record in your database, then you'll need to make as many records for the expense as it occurs. This can be done by hand -- just create the records and type the details in -- or with a script that does it somewhat automatically.

The interface for the script will be a challenge because it will have to be allow all the choice of all of the ways an event can repeat. Things like "first Monday of each month" are harder to implement than first appears, but they can be done. I hink that http://www.databasepros.com/ has some more information on achieving an interface like this, but am not sure.

[This message has been edited by Vaughan (edited October 29, 2000).]

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.