Server Maintenance This Week. ×

multi portals for multi records

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am still trying to build a calendar database. For the body of every calendar day, there is a repeating portal that lists all the event records from another database that corresponds to that particular date. The only field inside that repeating portal is the events title. That field is also a button that, when clicked on, opens up the event database and shows that particular event. That part works fine, when I click any event button, it takes me to the right event record. However, the title listed on every button is always the same as the first Sunday's first event. If the first Sunday is not part of the month, nothing is display anywhere, however the buttons still exist and work when clicked on, but nothing is displayed in the event title field. Any ideas about what is wrong? Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Calendars are probably the most complex of things to build...

I developed a system that has events stored in a database. Each event has a field with the DayofYear in it.

The calenday database itself is 378 records each with a match field that goes from -6 to 343 (366 days of the year plus 6 days of the previous year plus 6 days of the next year, the extra days are needed so the calendar prints out correctly). The events are displayed in each calendar "day"through a portal based on the DayofYear.

I have had problems with portals where one field is misplaced and lies on the border of the portal and FMP decides that it's not in the portal and treats it like a normal related field and only displays the first related record's value. Check that this field is completely within the portal: resize the portal if required to make it fit.

[This message has been edited by Vaughan (edited October 29, 2000).]

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.