Server Maintenance This Week. ×

[Newbie] Help wanted designing Workstation/User/Software database [Beta-8]

This topic is 6798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm new to FM. I have built quite a few databases with Claris/AppleWorks over the years.

I want to build a database for tracking Users/Workstations/Software for the architecture firm where I work. I'm looking for a solution where I can enter current users, available workstations, software (installed and available licenses), and password/address/server settings, then recombine them easily as people move stations, install software etc. I'm hoping that FM's features will allow something more dynamic and sophisticated than the simple record-per-workstation solution AppleWorks is forcing me into. For example I'd like to see exactly how many apps are installed on a particular workstation then turn around a see where each copy of a particular app is installed, including if it is installed on multiple machines. And if people move computers I'd like to simply reassign the users instead of having to update all the user fields in both of the records.

I'm pretty good with stuff like this but I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction to get started. Thanks.

Edited by Guest
for moved change of Topic Area

This topic is 6798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.