Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationships

arqwei

This topic is 8558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Here is what I need:

In an Invoices file where I have to enter the data of my Customers, one of the fields is Category ( it?s defined by a value list), and the Price of the Product depends on Customer Category.

In the Invoices Layout I have a Portal to Articles Sold and when I add a new Invoice and the Category changes, then I need the right Price for that Category.

In Articles Sold when I take a Product by his COD there is a match to COD form Products but I need to have the right Price when the Category of the Costumer changes, and I can?t accomplish that, every time the Price is the repeated from the first match.

In Products file I have two different prices that depends on Category of the Customer.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor English (I speak Spanish).

Jose Weisinger, from Venezuela S.A.

------------------

I think I understand what you want. Try this.

In Products database, two different price fields: Normal_Price, VIP_Price

In Customers, a field: Customer_Type (set to Normal or VIP).

Since the relationship of Invoices to Products in probably many-to-many, you'll need a join file, which I'll call Line_Items. Line_Items will be related to Invoices based on Invoice_ID and to Products based on Product_ID. There will be two calculation fields in line items: Normal_Price = Products::Normal_Price and VIP_Price = Products::VIP_Price.

Invoices will have a calculation field called Customer_Type set to Customers::Customer_Type.

Finally, Line_Items will have a calculation field, Price, set to:

Case(

• Newbies

thanks Chuck for your reply,

I need to know how to set the Customer_Type to Normal or Vip, it is by an AutoEnter Data= VIP?, remember that I have defined that field by a Value List (that Value List has 10 Values but two different prices in Products).

Jose Weisinger

------------------

• Newbies

thanks Chuck for your reply,

I need to know how to set the Customer_Type to Normal or Vip, it is by an AutoEnter Data= VIP?, remember that I have defined that field by a Value List (that Value List has 10 Values but two different prices in Products).

Jose Weisinger

------------------

Well, if you have a field for Customer_Type that can have one of ten values, and which of those values determines which pricing they get, you will want to have another field, perhaps called "Pricing_Type" which is set to either "Normal" or "VIP" depending on which value is in Customer_Type. Then you would use Pricing_Type as the basis for your calculating the price to charge.

Pricing Type would be set to something like this:

Case(

This topic is 8558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.