Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I figure I would post this as a FYI for those who havent read it or isnt a FSA member.

I wonder if this will change the direction of the product more closer to the features of Access.

FileMaker Names Jon Sigler Vice President of Product Management

Led Microsoft Access, Excel and FoxPro Product Management Teams at Microsoft for 13 years

SANTA CLARA, CA., October 18 - FileMaker, maker of the #1-selling easy-to-use database software, today announced the appointment of Jon Sigler as vice president of product management. In this role, he leads the teams responsible for defining and executing product strategy.

A 13-year veteran of Microsoft Corporation, Sigler was most recently Group Manager for Microsoft Access and Excel. While at Microsoft, Sigler had responsibilities for managing large-scale marketing, product design and development efforts for the company¹s database related products and has led the successful shipment of more than 7 versions of Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and FoxPro.

³Jon is both a proven leader and visionary in the realm of managing industry leading information management applications,² said Dominique Goupil, president, FileMaker, ³and we¹re very excited to have him at the helm of Product Management at FileMaker.² Prior to joining Microsoft in 1992, Sigler worked at Fox Software in both sales and marketing. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Bowling Green State University.

About FileMaker, Inc.

FileMaker Pro is used by millions of individuals and workgroups around the world to be more productive and efficient. Business, education and government customers rely on FileMaker to manage people, projects, images, assets and other information. In addition to being the number one-selling easy-to-use database software, the award-winning FileMaker product line also includes low-cost Applications that automate basic business tasks, ready-to-use Starter Solutions, and tools to create and share solutions from the desktop to the web. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Computer, Inc. (AAPL).

###

Customer contact:

800-325-2747

http://www.filemaker.com

©2005 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

John:

I hope not. He's a sales/marketing guy, anyway, so he shouldn't have too much to say about the direction of the technology, right? Right?

-Stanley

lol. Stanley, I hope so. I use PCs but I am not a a big fan of Microcrap. However, my worry is that his position and background will allow more input into making it more like access.

Dont get me wrong, there are some things that can be improved to act more like access but let hope not drastically.

:

He's a sales/marketing guy, anyway, so he shouldn't have too much to say about the direction of the technology, right?

Are you kidding! The marketing folks often make all the big decisions about the product design.

This topic is 6782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.