Beginner question

Alexandra

This topic is 8431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi and thanks for this forum.

I have the beginner questions. My friend and I have decided to create our database for our bead business.

We have the client db, invoice db, payments db, line items db and product db all working. Now we want to create supplier db. We have 4 suppliers who each supply us with product, none of which are the same. So one product has only one supplier, one supplier has many products so this is a one to many. My question is since the price of a supplier product could change then do we need a line item file for this? I would think yes, but am not sure.

Also, we do create a seller file, which is the two of us, but could be more. As now, we have a field in invoice that is seller, and it is popup list getting information from seller db. It is not related but works fine. We have the amount paid to seller (percent of sale) as field in invoice file also. Should this be related?

One more last question. It is not always clear to me about the relationship issue. The client db is related to invoice (client id), but to show portal in client db of invoices I had to create relationship from invoice back to client (also client id). Is this correct or have I create a step too many?

Thank you,

Alexandra

Re: Supplier DB

If you are just tracking which supplier you get a certain item from, can you just mark it with a simple value list pull down in the product db?

Re: Seller DB

I would think perhaps a similar treatment in the invoice db would work instead of creating a seller db. Since you are only talking about several in each, that may be simplest.

Re: Relationships

This is not too many steps to do what you are doing. You need a relationship for each direction data is going to flow so to speak.

I hope this helps,

Cael.

This topic is 8431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.