A copy of my records to another DB??

soriano

This topic is 8361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi again:

I try to make a DB, "OT" is the master DB this have a 26 fields I want a copy of any new record in another DB (Prod DB, this have 6 fields), just I need copy 6 field from the master DB when I capture it in the master DB, Can I make this??

i.e.B)

fields From OT DB To Prod Db

Name Name

Last Name Last Name

Age Age

Birthday Birthday

Phone Phone

Pay Pay

Maybe with a lookup works, please letme Know, thanks for any help

God bless you

soriano

My understanding of your problem is that you wish to create a new record in the second DB that containes the information from 6 fields in the first DB. The solution is to create a field in both DB files that will have a unique identifier for each record, this could be the name (if it is guaranteed that no two names will be the same) or record number. This does not have to be something the user needs to see. Next under "define a relationship" in the "receiving DB file" that has this unique field as the match field. Next,in the receiving DB file" under "define a field", for each of the fields to contain information from the other file, define the look up using the relationship you just made and the corresponding field from the "giving DB file. Last, make a script that will take copy the unique indentifier from the "giving" file, creat a new record in the "receiving" file, then paste the unique identifier in the matchfield. This will pull the corresponding info into the second file from the first.

This topic is 8361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.