Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Convert to networkable solution

bmohnsen

This topic is 6739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database file - that I want to make sure will run in a network environment (FM Server) as well as web environment.

Possible issues for network and web: simultaneous log-ins -----

Possible issues for web: saving of info on multiple layouts.

I would like quote for converting the file to network and web-based.

Hi

I have 10 years FMP experience and run a 40 user network with FMServer and mixed platform clients.

I can't help with the web side, but if you want me to look at your FMServer side then I'll need to understand more about your data file(s). Maybe I can download from you.

I have been a full-time FileMaker developer since 1998, and I started with FileMaker in 1988. There are a number of issues which will catch you when get in a multi-user environemt, like relationships with calcs on the primary side or globals that don't have initial values set in the startup and/or log-in scripts. We also have to think about record locking. Many new programmers allow entry into fields in list view, but this and other issues can lock a record when you do not want a record. This can also screw up scripts which loop through records and/or replace data sets.

If you would like, I have a FileMaker 7 Advanced Server I can throw you files onto and see what happens with both FileMaker network access and IWP.

Drop me an email if you are interested...

Thanks,

Joe King

FileMaker DEveloper's Network

[email protected]

865-384-8353

The web has many more pitfalls, but so be specific it depends on whether you choose to use IWP or CWP with PHP or XLST.

This topic is 6739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.