Finding records from a large file

This topic is 6687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

i am using Find that is working perectly . The ersult is there... Only I have to display the result to a report - (summary Report) . I am using summary fields.. to display the calculation result. The file has more then 300,000 records.

Every time when the user signs in the summary fields are "summarizing" long time.. Is there any other way of showing the result in a report? Maybe if i do not use summary fileds it will be better..

any help and idea is appresiated.

thanks, ;)

You said: "Maybe if i do not use summary fileds it will be better.." In the brows mode you can press "Esc" to stop summarizing for that fields, but what can do in the report? I think that in your case you must have summary field only in Layouts, where it is necessary, or instead summary field create static field, which then by script you can change it clicking on this field.

how to create static filed?

here is the scenario:

calulation filed: total; summary field: grandtotal used to get the total(calculation) and output the result in a report. I can not use the calculation field (total) do display the result in a report.

I was thinking to get the calulation, store it in a Global or Dummy table,, but then the report display ;) how do you do it with out a summary field?

Your idea for a static filed: how would that optimize the perfomnace of the find? when the user sign in I do not want them to wait for the summary field to summarize... ned to be done in a background without interapting the user(s)...

This topic is 6687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.