portals and layers

This topic is 6710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created three portal groups with fields in them to hide the fields based on a field selected. I would like to have all the portals on top of each other and the portal that gets focus to appear on top while the others go behind it. normally the fields that appear are all messed up when I put all three portal groups on top of each other. I am not sure if this is even possible with scripts. I hope it is otherwise i will be stuck with an ugly form having fields appear in three seperate places on the form depending on what the user selects. I can put one on top of the others by selecting arrange and then bring to front. You must be able to do this with a script.

Thanks.

You can't do this with or without a script. Portals can't contain other portals.

Steve

They don't contain each other, they are not in each other. You can arrange fields and portals, and lines or boxes to be behind other objects. I just want to MOVE one of the three portals when they click on a button to be on top so that it shows up properly. Also, I have 9 fields, each field is in its own portal and 6 of the fields are hidden at any one time based on the selection made. I just want to be able to bring to the front of the "pile" a specific field, be it a portal, line, box, whatever. Is this possible in scripts?

The answer is still no...2 portals having exactly the same size implies that the second one to be added to the layout is really inside the 1st one. What you'll need to do is put each portal on a separate layout, and then you can use a script to navigate between them.

Steve

This topic is 6710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.