Text Size/Color calculation

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well I use this type of text calc all the time (please see attachment)! But this time it won't work!!

If ( IsEmpty ( ShortcutCode ) ; TextSize ( Blue ( "Click to Assign Shortcut" ) ; 12 ) ; ShortcutCode )

Blue() is a simple CF of: TextColor(text; (220))

I have NEVER had a problem with TextSize or my CF colors working together and I use them a lot! But if you delete entry in ShortcutCode, you will see the "Click to Assign Shortcut" should change to 12pt. But it remains at 15.

There must be a formatting rule (or principle) I'm missing here, but I can't see it. Can you?

LaRetta

FontsColors.zip

Well it works if I also specify the size and color of the default result (Red 15). It's possible I've always specified every result. Maybe that's the rule ... if you specify the size, you must specify them all. But I sure would appreciate clarification here. I don't have time to test it any more - I have a project to finish. :wink2:

Oh. :blush2:

Here's what I see. I duplicated the calc and changed it's field formatting to 12 point. Do you think this was an isolated problem with 7.0v1? And yes, I'm ugrading all systems currently ... I had to wait for SecureFM and until I fixed some fixes. :wink2:

God, I'll be glad to let go of this version.

L

fontcolor.gif

Well this is the exact file you viewed. I just copied the calc and changed the size of it.

Why I haven't upgraded? It's a long story, Michael. Until I finish making windowing changes (which are controlled by SecureFM), 7.0v3 breaks in this existing solution. My windows won't stay open will full menu-bar removal and lockdown. I've converted half our systems and fixed the windowing on those which use those particular windows (Sales). My system will be last to switch. Windowing on the Accounting module still breaks if switched to 7.0v3. So the Managers are still on 7.0v1 and won't switch until I have it ready. I use 7.0v3 on system at work to test the changes.

I'll tell you one thing ... I will NEVER create workarounds to resolve bugs. Both FM and SecureFM had them when 7 first came out. Because now that they've both fixed the bugs, it breaks my fixes. :wink2:

If I had second computer, I could test 7.0v1 with SecureFM 7.1 on one box and 7.0v3 with SecureFM 7.4 on the other. Now thrown into the mix is vs. 8 for both. I also drug my feet hoping to just switch us all to 8 - but SecureFM for 8 Advanced isn't out yet. Lord help me ...

Wait! Are you saying I can install both 7.0v1 with SecureFM 7.1 AND 7.0v3 with SecureFM 7.4 on my ONE machine??? That would save me some hastle in testing at least ...

L

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.