Custom Drop Down

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay so here is what I am trying to do and tell me if it is too easy and should not have been asked...

I have two drop downs one next to the other and one is a sub list of the other. I would like for the first list to customize the second list. So for example if the first drop down selection is 1 then there would only be options abc in the second box. If in the first the selection is 2 then the second box would be def and so on.

Is this easy to do or no?

Also thanks for all the help on the highlight post i made lots of people seem to be usingit now.

I am looking for something a little cleaner than that though. Is this my only option?

See my second list is going to be a explanation area, it could be a word or a paragraph. THe client is going to have a certain number of already entered drop downs. This is going to be a long list as it is and they will be using laptops for remote access, so adding text like you have is going to take up screen space.

any ideas?

basically like i have the lists

I would like the first drop down to say procedure 1 and then the second drop down would have reasons for failure of procedure 1.

Not complicated but i need one drop down to show all the procedures and then one drop down to show all the failure reasons. So if the first drop down could tell the second drop down what to show that would make a cleaner look rather than looking through the whole list

So your interface is that you pick a procedure in the first field and then in the second field you get a list of the methods by which the procedure fails. In relation to the test file you put up here I think you need a second table and you should have your value lists defined from the fields in that table. It is then easy to produce the interface. I have altered the test file to do this - attached.

This may be the same method that Lee was recommending I'm afraid I couldn't click through to the other post to find out.

test.zip

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.