Server Maintenance This Week. ×

calculation field in a portal

hamelekim

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that lists tanks. I have a portal that lists options for that type of tank. There are three types of tanks, liquid, nonpressurized, and pressurized. I have a button in the portal that adds an option from the list when you click on the button. I want a field that tells them if the option has been added to that specific tank. I have three tables. One is Tank, which lists the tanks and their id#, the second is the options table which lists all the options and the type, the last one is the tankoptions table which matches up the tank id with the option id. I want to look in the tankoptions table find the current tank id, and then look at the option id. If the option id is there, I want the field in the options portal to say that it was found. I was thinking of using a calculation field , but it seems like a script would be a better way of filling in the fields. I am not sure if a script can even do this though. I want to find matching tank id and option id and then if found (with a loop) fill in the specified field with a value. It could do this every time you open up the page, or every time you click add/remove option. The second way seems easiest but I am not sure if this is even possible.

Hi,

It is rather confusing

I have a portal that lists options for that type of tank. ...

a button in the portal that adds an option from the list when you click on the button.

...I want a field that tells them if the option has been added to that specific tank.

Well, if it shows, it should have been added ? No ?

Or is it that the first portal show possible list of options ?

You can see a quick demo that may satisfy your quest if so here.

checkboxportal_for8.fp8

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.