Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Account name exit

This topic is 6700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It wasn't easy to decipher ...

"... if another one use the same user name to log in! give the person some error."

Questions King, It sounds like you want to STOP a second User from logging in with the same Account Name and password and, if they try, produce a warning or error message. Could you explain a bit more than two sentences? :wink2:

I would be happy to help but I've never done it (and even if I had I wouldn't trust how I did it). I had just noticed that your original post wording might be misinterpreted, so I wanted to help clarify for Wim (and Steven). They will help you (they are the experts at this) and I will take notes so I learn it also.

Steven might have given you the answer? :wink2:

Steven gave the right answer: use External Authentication and limit the concurrent logons at the OS level. Then you don't have to worry about it in FileMaker...

Alternatively you'll need to keep a list in your file of all currently logged-in accounts and check with each new log on. There's a bit of a security risk with that though. You don't want to store security info as normal data info.

This topic is 6700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.