Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hellllppp!! How the heck do print using Citrix!

BruceJ

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Uisng FMP over Citrix.

The problem, the users go to print and the only printers available are ones that are set up on the Citrix box...

Is this the only option? - Or can the users access their local printers?

I've read the couple of FMP articles on Citrix and FMP, but not a peep about printing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce J

Kansas City

• 2 years later...

I believe printing on Citrix and Terminal service is the same concept. Printers need to be identified on the services box. You're machine is watching the server work. The server is printing and not the local computer. I blew my mind this week w/ FileMaker terminal services and trying to paste a Word doc I copied on my computer into FileMaker. It can't be done. The copy on my machine equaled a different paste in my terminal window. When I explained this to my wife, I saw smoke coming out of her ears. - mark

• 1 month later...

Mark

What do you mean by 'paste a Word doc ... FMP'?

I have pasted a whole series of Word docs into FMP fields. Just COPYd the Word text and PASTEd into the FMP fields.

Mind you, I believe my attempt to copy a Word table corrupted my file. I had to re-build from scratch.

• 1 month later...

I have both PC and Mac users connecting to both a Citrix and Windows 2003 Terminal server box.

Printing is an issue. The best workaround for Mac users (assuming they don't have their own appletalk enabled postscript printer) is to use Adobe Acrobat to print PDfs and have the users drag the files totheir machines where they can print them with the reader.

Also, since I couldn't get Terminal Server to work with USB printers, my PC clients that have usb printers are doing the same.

I have been able to get many of my Pc users that are using Citrix to print - though it was sometimes difficult to do. I had to kind of take them one at a time. in the meantime, one copy of Acrobat at least allowed them to print and copy.

Good Luck

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.