Special character encoding within FM

Marc .

This topic is 6662 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to integrate FileMaker and MS Word using the excellent EZXslt.

I've managed to get a working XSL stylesheet and the exporting works beautifully under MacOS X.

I'm having problems with Windows and I believe the problem lies within FileMaker.

It looks like FileMaker makes mistakes when encoding certain high ascii characters. Here's an illustration:

On export, most apostrophes (that is ') are correctly exported as <'> but others are exported as <’>, which then yields no result in MS Word for windows.

It could be that the problem comes from some deep corruption withing the "Contacts.fp7" database that I use for some of the data, but then again some of the apostrophes exported to XML from that database are fine.

I'm at a loss here.

Does anyone know a way to influence how FileMaker encodes text upon entry with the keybord. Maybe a recover resets it to the platform the recover is done on?

Just to make it clear: The problem is not only apostrophes. Some other high ascii characters are also problematic.

And: It doesen't seem to make any difference whether I enter the text from FileMaker running on Mac or Win. That of course points to a problem deep within my database.

As usual: Any help ou thought would be appreciated.

This topic is 6662 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.