fmnet port?

This topic is 6682 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I installed the filemaker 8 server advanced. I added an entry in dns, am forwarding port 5003 but still cannot connect through fmnet. No databases show up and if I add the path manually they don't show up either. I am not sure if that is the correct way to connect to the server remotely.

Do i have the port wrong or something? I can get to the server fine from the web browser. AND I can get to the database internally via "localhosts" fmnet, just not externally. boohoo.

it doesn't work with the software firewall on or off. Port forwarding looks fine. Forwarding is working for everything else, the IWP etc.

Is there anymore ports I should be aware of? Is there any settings within the server i should change? Do I have to specify an fmnet path anywhere on the server?

I am stumped. Should it show automatically in "Favorite hosts"?

My network file path is fmnet:/externalIP:port/file. I am bypassing dns and it still doesn't work.

Thanks

No, it will not show automatically. From the remote location you'll need to manually enter the router's public IP address before files will show up.

No other ports, not settings on FMS. If it works on the LAN then it will work remotely, providing the forwarding works.

This topic is 6682 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.