Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script differences between windows and mac

This topic is 6646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an update script that compares the values between two tables, updates the values if needed and then marks the record as needing revision control. The script works perfectly on the MAC, but under windows it constantly marks off all the records as needing revision control. It is the exact same script, same everything, but the outcome is different. Is this a common issue developing for windows machines on a mac in filemaker? I'm not sure what to do at this point considering logically the script should work just fine, and it does on the mac...

Nope, it's one file. Also, it comes and goes. The problem has gone away all of a sudden and I changed nothing, hopefully it won't come back. I have had nothing but trouble working with this program between mac and pc.

I have another question but I am not sure where to post it... When I run this other filemaker layout on the mac and scroll down it is fine, but when I do so in windows it crashes filemaker... This is another one of those, the file is exactly the same sort of deals... Not sure if there is a proper forum to ask this question.

There is a "layouts" forum:

Main Index » Forum Index » How Do I...? » FileMaker Functions & Features » Layouts

Mac and Windows use different graphics engines so things may render differently. Crashing however is extreme. It may be some slight corruption in a graphic you have on the layout.

This topic is 6646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.