Using Xpress Tags and need some help!

Greg

This topic is 8224 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We need to export records in order of State, City and then Name, each are separate fields. The State and City fields may be alike in numerous records. The Name will be unique. We need a heading of State and a City heading not to be repeated on every record, followed by the names. HELP!

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

We use FileMaker Pro 5 to clean up data from our web site for use in our newspaper, and I've run across the same problem you are facing.

You could create 2 new fields called "header" and "output" where "header" is a text field and "output" is a calculated field that concatenates the header and the three fields you want to include (header & Name & City & State).

Then write a script that will select the first record of the found set and set the contents of the header field to the words "Name, City, State" followed by a carriage return.

You would then export just the "output" field, so in the resulting export file, there will be only one instance of the header contents "Name, City, State" along with the data from the fields you exported.

I've created a test to make sure that works (ours is a little different). If you want it, I'll email it to you.

This topic is 8224 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.