Sort based on radio buttons

SnipeD

This topic is 8472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I have to create a search field online. On it i have several fields on which to search.

I have included three radio buttons on the form. I want it be abele to select one of these buttons and than perform a sort on the selected item.

Anyone knows how to do this?

I have done it this way: create some global fields that flag what sort selection people want. Create a sort script step for each permutation. The main script looks at the global fields and works out (with If[] statements) which sort permutation to perform.

It's a bit brute-ish but it works for me. It gets unweildly if there are more than three or so sort options because there will be dozens of hundreds of sort permuations and the If[] gets humungus.

Thx for your reply, but i what i meant was that it should be on a search page on the internet. A person fills in his search criteria and then selects how to sort the found set of records, then presses submit.

Is this also possible with al that scripting in FM. I read that using scripts online often results in crashes.

This topic is 8472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.